Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fast & Easy with a Fun Embellishment Technique

Here is a fast and fabulous layout that I did recently for a page call. I swear it was one of the quickest layouts I’ve done in a long time and it was so refreshing to keep it simple and do something quick, unlike my usual heavily embellished and detailed layouts. I started with this sketch that I had already drawn up on a scrap of paper that had been waiting for me to pay some attention to.



Next, after I had chosen my photos and cropped them, I simply punched out my circles using a 1 ½” punch and adhered in a staggered layer. I went with a rainbow theme because it matched my photos, but you could go with any theme that works for you.










To make your own epoxy embellishments is really simple with a product like Stampin' Up’s Crystal Effects (I know there are other similar products out there, but this is what I used). I first took a little birdie stamp and stamped it on my white circle. I applied Stickles in crystal, and let dry.  Then I covered the entire surface with the Crystal Effects, make sure you do this on some scrap paper.  It goes on a little cloudy and thick, but don’t worry, it will dry clear and you are left with what looks like a homemade epoxy sticker.  This is a great way to add dimension to many things, and much less expensive than some embellishments out there!











In the picture of my final layout you’ll notice that instead of a flower that was in my sketch I used a cloud shape that I simply and quickly tore out of a scrap of white cardstock and covered in Stickles. The final step to my layout was adding some hand drawn doodles that mimicked a telephone cord and some chipboard letters for the title and voila, a fast and fabulous layout in about ten steps or so, but who’s really counting when this was just plain fun!



Here is another example of how I used my “make your own epoxy sticker” technique. I cut the little monsters out of patterned paper and turned them into wanna-be puffy stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment