Sunday, October 4, 2009

Scrap-Friendzy's Birthday Blog Hop!!




Welcome to the 4th stop on our Birthday Blog Hop!!  I'm so thrilled to have you here on my blog to share my challenge with you and give you another chance to earn yourself some awesome party favors!!   I hope you've had a chance to visit the previous three stops on our blog hop. 

October 10th will be the last day of the hop so keep visiting Scrap-Friendzy  each evening to find out which design team blog to visit next.

Also, make sure you leave me a comment and again at each stop to get your name in the drawing for an awesome prize. If you visit and comment on all 10 blogs for the 10 days of the birthday blog hop, your name will be entered 10 times.

At Scrap-Friendzy we have a point system called friendz points. For each challenge that you complete, you will earn FPZ which could earn you another great prize at the end of the month! Play along with my challenge and earn yourself 25 FPZ!

You have until October 31st to finish these blog hop challenges. All you have to do is upload your challenge creation to the scrap-friendzy gallery in the October 2009 album and to the October challenge forum 

Now, let's keep this party rolling!!  Every birthday deserves a card, so my challenge for you is to create a birthday card incorporating glitter and wax drips.  Here is my card......





I used my Sizzix machine to cut out this darling cupcake. I cut out two pieces for the cup so that I could fold one with accordian folds to pop it up a bit. Then I did some inking and later I applied some Crystal Effects to the cake area to make it look glossy.





To make your wax drippings all you have to do is simply hold a match or lighter to a piece of crayon.  Sorry Kiersten, I had to raid your crayon stash! You can either drip directly onto your project or if that makes you squemish you can drip your wax onto a piece of wax paper and then when cool, lift it off and glue to your project. I added wax to my cherry and also melted wax over a pin to look like a candle. Have fun playing with your fire, but please be careful, we don't want any singed fingers!!










Thanks for partying with me!!!  Don't forget to leave a comment and check back in at Scrap-Friendzy tomorrow to see where to go next!!  Party on!!!

21 comments:

  1. The crayon melting is such a clever touch! Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but I like playing with fire... is that a bad thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cupcake looks soo good! Would you please make me some real ones that look that good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome project & challenge Carole! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card - I love that die from Sizzix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super cute card! The wax dripping is such a unique idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card and that technique! I went so far as to buy crayons but have not used them! I will get to it on this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a darling cupcake card -- love the drippings technique! This is a perfect technique to feature for the party blog hop.

    Gramjak

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEAH - what a great way to use all those nubbs of left over crayons! Can't wait to give this a try! Thanks for a great challenge and Blog Spot!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    Min

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your card its so fun!! What a fun way to recycle those little pieces of crayons which I have plenty of!!
    I look forward to making a Birthday card with this technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an adorable card! What a fun technique to try! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your card is sooo awesome!!! thanks for the challenge! can't wait to give it a go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool!!! This looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What clever ideas! It will be fun using these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun idea! Love your card, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never thought about using wax drips from crayons! Very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the folding you did to add deminsion to the cup. The cake reminds me of paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow that looks good enough to eat and great idea with the wax.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the cupcake card. also a great idea using the candle wax. Toy cupboard, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all the layers on your cupcake - too sweet for words! And the colors! Oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love this card Carole! sooo much fun and love the techniques too!

    ReplyDelete