Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Just a Little Share & Tell

Hey friends, just thought I'd pop onto my blog here and do a little share and tell with you all.  I finished a couple layouts the other night.  They are of my daughter's second birthday. We went camping and when we got home we made cupcakes and ate them outside on the back porch in the warm August evening weather.  August is such a nice time of year around here in Washington and since we've been here it has been a tradition of ours to take little Kiersten camping for her birthday each year.  For these two layouts I mainly used My Little Shoebox's "Just Add Butter" line, as well as a sprinkling of a few of their other lines.  I also used some Hambly, Prima rosebuds, and Basic Grey rub-ons.


Here is our daughter Kiersten licking frosting off of her finger.  I love pictures that aren't posed and that capture the moment as it's really happening.



I wrapped the cupcakes in some Webster's Pages ribbon just to fancy them up a bit.  For the letter "K", I had a Heidi Swapp ghost letter that I never know what to do with and simply matted it onto some brown cardstock and then smeared it with white acrylic paint to mimic the look of icing.



One tip I've learned in designing layouts is that it works out nicely to have supporting photos turned black and white so that you don't have too many colors competing for visual attention.  I turned the photo of the cupcakes black and white because the colors of the sprinkles were just too distracting.  I added a little pop to them by gluing a little sequin to the top of each cupcake and adding a rosebud to the little plate.



I really love how this layout turned out because I really struggled with it at first.



For these little flowers on the branch I simply used photo corners from My Little Shoebox's cardstock cut outs.  I'm not a big fan of photo corners, so I had a moment of inspiration and turned them into flowers.  I used decorative straight pins for their stamens.

I hope you liked what I had to share and tell today!  Thanks for stopping by for a looksie!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the layouts! Check out my blog, there is a little surprise for you!!
    Hugs
    Mieke

    ReplyDelete